Cahaba Travel Terms and Conditions
The Cahaba Travel Company ("Cahaba Travel") is the trade name ("DBA") of Fisherstat Services LLC, a limited liability corporation based in Hoover, Alabama.
These Terms & Conditions apply to the person making the booking (the "Lead Guest") and all other persons on whose behalf the booking is made. The Lead Guest must be at least 18 years of age and must be authorized to make the booking on behalf of the members of the party. The Lead Guest must also provide a copy of these terms and conditions to all other members of the party.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they govern your relationship with Cahaba Travel. They apply to all bookings made through Cahaba Travel who's employees and/or independent contractors are acting as agents on behalf of all of the suppliers (including airlines, tour and cruise operators, transportation and accommodation providers) in your booking. Cahaba Travel and their employees and independent contractors are not employed by or affiliated with any travel provider or travel insurance company and, as such, cannot be held responsible for the actions or omissions of suppliers or any other event beyond their control.
Cahaba Travel and their employees and independent contractors are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in emails.
CONTRACTING WITH TRAVEL SUPPLIERS
• You are contracting directly with the suppliers whose terms and conditions apply to your booking. Depending on the supplier, copies of their terms and conditions may have been included in your quote. In all cases, copies of supplier terms and conditions are available upon request.
• After we have received your deposit or full payment (if applicable) and we have issued a confirmation invoice, a contract will exist between you and each of the suppliers, effective from the date printed on your confirmation documents.
• Once the contract(s) is made, each travel supplier is responsible for providing you with what you have booked.
• Cahaba Travel acts as a travel agent. We arrange travel services and sell travel related products on behalf of suppliers such as airlines, tour and cruise operators, transportation providers, and accommodation providers.
• In doing so, Cahaba Travel makes no warranty nor makes any representation regarding the services to be supplied or the products purchased by you.
• Your booking will be subject to the terms and conditions applied by the provider of the service or product.
• You agree that if the travel services or products are not supplied in accordance with your booking your remedy lies with the service provider and not with Cahaba Travel.
• Cahaba Travel makes every effort to ensure that the prices quoted are correct.
• However, Cahaba Travel acts only as an agent and relies on information provided to us from the suppliers of travel services and products.
• We will notify you of any change in price made prior to your completed booking.
• Please note that some tour operators and travel suppliers reserve the right to adjust pricing due to increases in airfares, hotel accommodation charges and currency fluctuations. Please read suppliers' terms and conditions carefully.
FEES FOR CANCELLATION/ADJUSTMENTS AFTER BOOKING
• If you want to change any part of your booking, we will do everything we can to help. However, suppliers are under no obligation to make changes. If changes are made, supplier-imposed fees may apply.
• Cahaba Travel reserves the right to charge a $25 per person change fee if excessive change requests are made. This fee is in addition to any supplier-imposed change fees.
• If you cancel your booking, you may incur a cancellation charge. If you are entitled to a full or partial refund, please note that Cahaba Travel does not process payments directly. The refund must be generated by the supplier.
• Cahaba Travel reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of $50 per person if a booking is cancelled or transferred to another agency or the supplier for servicing. This fee is in addition to any supplier-imposed cancellation fees.
• By authorizing Cahaba Travel to book your vacation, you are also authorizing us to charge theses fees to your credit card if, at Cahaba Travel’s sole discretion, they are deemed to apply.
• As Cahaba Travel is acting only as an agent, we have no liability with respect to the supply of any element of your booking, including any liability for illness, personal injury, death or loss of any kind, delay and inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any provider of travel services or products or by third parties unless caused by our negligence.
• Any claim for damages for injury, illness, loss or death must be brought against the relevant supplier of the travel services or products.
• Force Majeure - Cahaba Travel shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you as a consequence of Cahaba Travel or any of the suppliers being unable to perform its obligation under your contract(s) due to the unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (a "force majeure event") beyond the control of the party affected by the force majeure event.
• Cahaba Travel recommends that you take out comprehensive insurance at the time of paying a deposit. The policy should provide cover for loss of deposit, cancellation and additional expenses, medical expenses and repatriation and loss or damage to baggage and valuables.
• You are responsible for making any special or increased insurance arrangements which you deem are necessary.
• Authorizing Cahaba Travel to book your serves as acknowledgement that we have informed you that travel insurance is available and recommended.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, PASSPORTS AND VISAS
• It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport at the time of travelling and that you hold all necessary visas and permits. Cahaba Travel strongly recommends that you consult the US State Department website (https://travel.state.gov/) before booking international travel.
• Some countries require you to hold a passport with at least six months of validity after your scheduled return date.
• Children are required to hold individual passports.
• If you choose to travel internationally without a passport, you do so at your own risk. Cahaba Travel strongly recommends traveling with a passport in all cases.
• Some countries have special requirements for children traveling without all legal parents or guardians.
• Some countries, including Canada, restrict entry of US citizens with a felony conviction or certain misdemeanor convictions such as a DUI or DWI. It is your responsibility to determine if such restrictions apply to anyone in your party.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR CRUISE VACATIONS
• Guests that have entered their 24th week of pregnancy and infants under the age of 6 months are not eligible to cruise. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are certifying that no one in your party will have entered the 24th month of pregnancy and that no one in your party will be under 6 months of age at the time of sailing.
• Passports are required for all Alaska and Hawaii cruises that depart from the continental United States. Because of maritime regulations, these itineraries always include ports of call in either Canada or Mexico.
• We hope you will not have reason to complain. But if you are unhappy with any aspect of the services provided you must report it immediately to the supplier and Cahaba Travel.
• We will attempt to resolve the matter, but if you remain dissatisfied you must write to us within 30 days from the end of your trip.
• Failure to complain at your destination may limit recourse after you return home.
• In order to process your booking, we need to pass your details to the relevant suppliers. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your information. We may also use your information for marketing purposes.
• Your contract with Cahaba Travel is governed by the laws of the State of Alabama and you agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of Jefferson County, Alabama to determine any dispute pertaining to the contract.
• Cahaba Travel reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.
Thank you for your business!